Join Our Team
Are you an avid ‘Foodie’ and would like to join the judging panel of Restaurant & Catering?
If you would like to join the Restaurant & Catering judging panel please consider whether you have the following:
- – knowledge of the industry
- – professional integrity
- – ability to apply fair and honest criterion reference judgements
In addition, judges must possess:
- – strong interest in food and wine
- – have the ability to apply criteria-reference judgements
- – have high professional credibility and personal integrity (such as demonstrated by a professional qualification in law, engineering, architecture or teaching)
- – not an employer or employee in the hospitality industry – or have any relationship or interest to any hospitality business.
As a judge you will be requested to judge up to six establishments (restaurants and /or catering events) in a six to ten week period.
Successful applicants are required to undergo training in the Restaurant and Catering Judging System to ensure universal understanding of the system which provides consistency across all categories.
For a small once off fee of $85, training consists of a full introduction to the system; clarification of the process used; establishing the standards for making judgements on each of the criteria; and a restaurant visit where both the process and standards are discussed over a meal.
If you think you ‘fit the bill’ and would like to join our team of more than 500 judges around Australia, email your expression of interest and a short 2 page resume to email@example.com