2017 Savour Australia™ Restaurant & Catering Hostplus Awards for Excellence Nominations are now open.
When completing your Restaurant Nomination Form here are some things to remember:
1. Restaurants are only eligible to enter one category; however they can also enter Breakfast Restaurant and/or People, Produce, Place Tourism Restaurant categories if the category definition is met. Please note that if entering the People, Produce, Place Tourism Restaurant award the additional entry form and criteria must be completed and submitted at time of entry to be deemed acceptable.
2. For venues that only offer a prix-fixe menu, the entry fee will be the cost for two diners to order the prix-fixe menu with matched wines and coffee.
3. Multi Outlet Venues – Where a venue has multiple outlets (eg in a Hotel, Club or Convention Centre) the venue may enter multiple outlets into the Restaurant & Catering awards if all individual outlets are members of the Association.
4. Categories will be split into sub-categories only if there are sufficient entrants.
5. Categories with an asterisk (*) are National Award categories. The entrant with the highest score from the master category and its sub-categories will move forward to compete at the National Awards. Please note that although you may win the master category this does not give you automatic entry into the National Awards.
6. Where there is only one entrant in a category, that entrant will not be eligible to win that category but can be awarded an Honourable Mention. In this instance the entrant can choose to: (a) remain the sole entrant of that category; (b) move to another category with multiple entrants (providing eligibility criteria can be met); or (c) withdraw from the Awards (refer to refund policy). It is the responsibility of the entrant to check their category and contact Restaurant & Catering if they wish to move or withdraw.
7. Refer to the Terms & Conditions of Entry for further details on the Restaurant Awards.
When completing your Catering Nomination Form here are some things to remember:
- Caterers can enter a maximum of two (2) categories.
- Categories with an asterisk (*) are National Award categories. The entrant with the highest score from the master category and its sub-categories will move forward to compete at the National Awards. Please note that although you may win the master category this does not give you automatic entry into the National Awards.
- A list of at least four (4) suitable events to be judged must be provided. If entering multiple categories, the same event cannot be judged for both categories.
- Payment for entry must be received before entry can be confirmed
Additional Restaurant and Catering Awards
There are a number of other awards that establishments can enter under the Awards for Excellence banner. Below is a list of the Awards on offer as well as the nomination forms and information sheets for each.
People, Produce, Place Tourism Restaurant
This category is open to establishments offering a tourism experience or servicing the tourism industry. It must be seen in the public eye to be a draw-card to a particular destination or event. It is not a food award but does recognise a significant contribution to tourism through the provision of food and beverage.
Hospitality Awards & George Mure Memorial Professional Development Award
The aim of the Hospitality Awards is to honour true professionals in the hospitality industry who are dedicated to their profession. The organisers of these prestigious awards are seeking people who are outstanding and always prepared to strive to achieve excellence, and whose attitude and contribution to their profession has inspired public confidence in the hospitality Industry.
The George Mure Memorial Award is designed to encourage and recognise excellence in training in the workplace. If you believe your business achieves excellence in the field of training & development for its staff, make sure to nominate yourself today.
2017 ACT Hospitality Awards Nomination Form
2017 NSW Hospitality Awards Nomination Form
2017 QLD & NT Hospitality Awards Nomination Form
2017 SA Hospitality Awards Nomination Form
2017 VIC & TAS Hospitality Awards Nomination Form
2017 WA Hospitality Awards Nomination Form
Need assistance with completing the entry form? Contact the events team or your respective state membership team on 1300 722 878 or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org